Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Life Lessons on Struggle.

Life Lessons I use to deal with struggle.

1. If you are in pain think of the things you are grateful for. Even if you don't feel like it. 
2. Do things you enjoy. I'm drinking a glass of red wine while cooking a healthy dinner. I really enjoy this. Something about having a glass of wine with cooking just represents ease. Doing simple things you love often, even if you feel sad or struggling, you will find a glimmer of happiness starting to creep back in
3. I learned this one in Alanon and it's my go to. I over E, or IOE, Intelligence Over Emotion. I'm an emotion, heart/ love centered person. I struggle to keep my balance when my emotions take hold, intellect often goes out the window. So I try to keep my perspective and listen to my intellect before I run with my heart. 
4. Know that the good can coexist with the bad. What a powerful lesson. This is also called the paradox. There is no light without dark. Without the pain we don't see the beauty or the blessing. It's not easy to get to but if you stop and try you will see it. Without pain we do not appreciate when things are easy or good. Change your perspective and change your life. Find the silver linings. Life is hard. If you are human you will be cracked open and you will be exposed and what you do with that is when your soul can shine or sink. Deal with your pain, feel it, grieve, it's ok to feel it all, then allow yourself to heal. It's okay, you are not a bad person for healing, it does not mean we forget. It means we appreciate what we have been given. 
5. Try this simple meditation. Keep it in your back pocket. SOBER = Stop, Observe, Breathe, Expand, Respond Mindfully. When you are upset Stop and and think about what just happened (don't react), Observe your situation with objectivity  "I am upset because I don't feel validated", then take some deep Breaths, Expand your view of what has happened, see the other persons view, realize there may be a misunderstanding, then Respond (or don't see #6) mindfully. 
6. Sometimes when you don't know what to do, do the dishes. Such a powerful lesson in my life of wanting to fix it right now. Sometimes you don't need to figure it out you just need to sit back and wait. 

My love to you. Love is all there is folks. Relationships are the only thing that matter.
Be love. 

Love and Light,
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment